InterestTracker™ continues to be in active development, as we add features based on your feedback. We make lots of small improvements regularly, but here are the main features we're working on next.
Interactive Video Module In Progress
Stream your live event in a frame that allows guests to ask questions, request prayer, request Bible studies and request a free book offer, with responses all visible in InterestTracker’s interest profiles.
Bulk email interests In Progress
Send an email to all or a slice of your interests, using your Mailchimp account.
Direct mail system Planning
Select all or some interests to send a letter or postcard, and easily place an order with SermonView Evangelism Marketing.
Mobile attendance scanning Planning
Check in guests from any authorized mobile device.
iOS app Planning
Access the interest profile, log interactions, and view text message history for any interest.
Conference reports Planning
For conferences with many churches using InterestTracker™ as part of a coordinated outreach initiative, view summary reports across the entire network, and drill down to provide tailored assistance to local church users. Churches can grant access to existing accounts to selected conference-level users.
Bulk text interestsComplete
Send an SMS message to all or a slice of your interests.
Online meeting check-inComplete
For online meetings, guests can check-in online and attendance is automatically updated.
Scan guest cards to check them in.
Attendance tracking Complete
Set up events, check in guests from the interest list, and generate customizable attendance reports.
Upload your own photo of an interest, in those cases when a public social media profile picture is not available.
Multi-church districts Complete
User can access more than one church account from a single login—and transfer interests between accounts.
Last update: 08 Oct 2020
2.5.5 - Continued refinements15 Oct 2020
- Interest list can now be sorted by the values in any custom field
- Makes links in notification emails clickable, to go directly to an interest, followup or offer request
- Bug fix: subscription receipts for zero or credit value were broken
- Improves validation when deleting offers and other record types
- Reduces check-in page intergration with Relevant Seminars server, to better serve larger audience sizes
- Adds direct link to Interest List from sidebar menu, to go directly without opening the dropdown menu
- Harmonizes some button colors
- Refactors DRP integration to allow user to choose from a selection of offers
2.5.4 - Bug fixes8 Oct 2020
- Church details now shows active user count, plus any archived count, for visibility into archived users.
- PDF Label output now has the addresses slightly lower, to better fit on 2-5/8″ x 1″ labels.
- Church admins and coordinators cannot assign followups and deliveries to basic users unless the interest has been assigned to that basic user.
- Interest list columns visible to basic users did not match those available to church admins and coordinators.
- For basic users with access to more than one church, notification settings for user are now always visible to the user, regardless of which church the user is viewing.
- Basic users were sometimes getting logged out of the system when switching churches, and could not log back in.
- Notification emails now include a link to the user notification settings, to make it easier to switch to once-a-day notifications.
2.5.3 - Improvements for Basic Users7 Oct 2020
- Improves functionality for basic users, who can now see:
- Interactions List
- Offer Request List
- To Do List
- Activity Report
- Map View
- Text Messages (for users of churches subscribed to Text Messaging module)
- Improves functionality for basic users, who can now see:
2.5.2 - Once-a-day notifications1 Oct 2020
- User can choose to receive notifications one at a time, or once per day, when new interests, follow-ups or deliveries have been assigned to the user.
2.5.1 - Bug fixes30 Sep 2020
- This release fixes a number of minor bugs in the Interactive Video Module and online check-in system.
2.5.0 - Interactive Video Module29 Sep 2020
- The new Interactive Video Module is for running livestream events in a window that allows guests to communicate with you through InterestTracker.
- Viewers can leave comments, which appear in InterestTracker as interactions.
- Viewers can leave prayer requests, which appear as interactions and generate a to-do item.
- Viewers can request books or other offers, which appear as offer requests.
- Guests see friendly error page for online check-in system when an incorrect URL is used.
- When checking in multiple guests using online check-in system, success message shows list of all checked in participants.
- New users see better messaging in account invitation emails generated by SermonView.
- Church admins and coordinators can assign offer requests to users prior to delivery.
- Users are notified when an offer delivery is assigned to them, and email notifications for offer assignments are on by default.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the list of help topics from loading correctly.
- If interest registers through Relevant Seminars and immediately tries to check in, system adds the interest to the church account immediately so additional details are not required.
2.4.2 - Easier interest assignment17 Sep 2020
- Church admins and coordinators can assign an interest right on the interest list page using the dropdown button for an interest.
- Church admins and coordinators can bulk assign interests to a user.
- Import field dropdowns use friendly field labels, rather than lowercase field names.
- Import field dropdowns use Canadian address labels for Canadian churches
- SermonView can create AttendanceTracker events for churches participating in coordinated start date events, and assign a streaming media feed for that event.
- Bug fix: subscription signup system broken when coming directly from the InterestTracker website.
2.4.1 - Bug fixes11 Sep 2020
- Sets default notifications for existing users.
- Bug fix: CSV import did not work after framework update.
- Bug fix: error when trying to add SMS credits to church account.
- Bug fix: issue with bug report form after framework update.
- Bug fix: issue viewing bug report details.
2.4.0 - More granular notification settings10 Sep 2020
- User can set account to receive notifications by email or SMS.
- User can choose to be notified when an interest is assigned, when a follow up is assigned, or when a new interest is imported via an integration.
- Introduces Canada-friendly address fields for our friends up North.
- Bug fix: when more than one interest record has a phone number, inbound SMS messages from that number are associated with the interest who was most recently sent a text message from the system.
- Development framework was updated and production site was moved to serverless platform.
2.3.0 - Archiving interests & launch of SMS messaging27 Aug 2020
- User can archive an interest, removing the record from searches and lists.
- User can view all archived interests.
- User can revert archived interests to active status.
- User can permanently delete archived interests.
- SMS module upgrade is now available for purchase with credit card.
- SMS forms show character count, with correct number of SMS credits being used based on message length.
- User notified by SMS and/or email when a new interest is assigned to the user.
- User notified by SMS and/or email when a new followup is assigned to the user.
- Church admin can view interests assigned to a specific user.
- Bug fix: some new interests created during event check-in were not associated with the church.
- Bug fix: interests not associated with a church acted like “system interests,” visible in all accounts.
- Bug fix: when marketing an offer as delivered, the corresponding action was set to the date the information was entered, rather than the date it was delivered.
- Bug fix: interest list threw error when church has lots of custom fields.
2.2.0 - SMS Messaging7 Aug 2020
- Deploys new paid module for SMS messaging, in preparation for public launch.
- User can send SMS message to an interest.
- User can bulk send SMS messages to multiple interests.
- Response by an interest gets logged as an interaction, and added to the SMS message history.
- User can get notifications by email and/or SMS when an interest responds to an SMS message.
- Service includes a dedicated phone number for sending and receiving SMS messages.
2.1.0 - Online meeting check-in31 Jul 2020
- Adds a feature to the AttendanceTracker module which automates attendance tracking for online meetings, with a new online meeting check-in system.
- Interest’s attendance record is automatically updated when interest checks in.
- Each event has an associated check-in page, with the link available in the event details.
- Check-in page automatically finds and displays details about the next available meeting.
- Check-in can be opened prior to the meeting, and closed after the meeting, with the timing configurable.
- If check-in is not yet open, system displays a countdown timer and redirects to the check-in form when it opens.
- If guest is not found in InterestTracker, system asks for additional information similar to Relevant Seminars pre-registration form.
- If guest pre-registered on Relevant Seminars, and clicks the access link provided in the reminder email/text, the online check-in form pre-populates with the guest’s information.
- If there is an associated Relevant Seminars campaign, check-in screen uses the same graphics and color scheme.
- After check-in, guest can check-in additional participants watching together.
- Once all guests are checked in, guest is redirected to the content URL.
- Content URL is configurable for the entire event, or set to a different URL for each meeting.
2.0.1 - Bug fixes18 Jun 2020
- Fixes issues with mobile layout for accounts with multiple churches and/or long user names.
- Fixes issue with a misplaced comma and missing zip code in the PDF Label output.
- Fixes issue with 500 error when attempting to import a CSV file.
2.0.0 - AttendanceTracker Signup14 May 2020
- AttendanceTracker is now publicly available to all users.
- Church admin can sign up for an AttendanceTracker subscription, manage billing details and access past payment receipts.
- Meeting overview shows non-Adventist checked in column to meetings and event lists.
- Bug fix: some DRP and RS integration imports were breaking due to missing fields.
- Clicking on address on interest profile page opens a Google map for that address.
1.7.2 - SermonView integration visibility28 Feb 2020
- User can now see any integrations that have been set up to automatically import interests from SermonView’s Relevant Seminars pre-registration platform and Direct Response Platform for Bible study lead generation.
- User can edit each integration description and which tags are applied to imported interests.
- Login screen header/footer is pulled from the InterestTracker promo website, for a more seamless user experience.
1.7.0 - AttendanceTracker27 Feb 2020
- This update is a pre-release of the AttendanceTracker module, making it available to churches who need attendance tracking prior to launch later this year.
- User can set up events and meetings.
- User can data enter from registration cards, automatically checking in each guest as part of the data entry process.
- User can quickly check in guests manually using a workflow that doesn’t require a mouse.
- User can use a barcode scanner to check in guests.
- User can record decisions made at a meeting, using a workflow that doesn’t require a mouse.
- User can generate customized reports, tailoring which fields to display, in what order to display them, and how to sort and group the interests.
- User can save customized report settings to generate future reports.
- Several popular reports from Track’em are included in the report generator.
- User can generate bar and pie charts based on various demographic and attendance data.
1.6.2 - Minor UI updates13 Feb 2020
- When viewing the interest list, user can hover over decision chart to see details about the interest’s decisions.
- User can completely remove a profile picture from an interest record.
- Bug fix: age range setting in other settings wasn’t actually changing the age range drop down.
- Bug fix: Ctrl-Alt-CHAR not triggering action for some anchor link buttons.
1.6.1 - List management efficiencies11 Feb 2020
- User can mark an interest as Adventist without leaving the interest list using the button drop down.
- Interactions, Notes and To Do column are now available as columns in the interest list.
- User can add an Interaction, Decision, Note or To Do to an interest record without leaving the interest list using the button drop down.
- User can manage subscription to the InterestTracker email list from user account settings.
1.6.0 - Interest photos31 Jan 2020
- User can upload a photo to use at an interest’s image.
- User can zoom and crop an interest’s image after upload.
- Interest photos are available as a column on interest lists.
1.5.0 - Activity report27 Jan 2020
- User can view a new activity report that shows interactions, completed to-do’s, upcoming to-do’s, and new interests during a specific time period.
- User can request that a summary report be sent by email or mobile message daily, weekly or monthly.
- User can sign up for the InterestTracker email newsletter in the user account settings.
- User can do an inverse search for interests, using “not:” prefix. For example, a search for “John not:Smith” will show all interests with “John” in the record, but without “Smith” in the record.
- Adds a sortable “Last Interaction” column to the interest list, allowing the user to sort interests by most recent or longest time since interaction.
- When marking an offer as delivered, user can set a followup to do in the same action.
- User can hide completed To Do items on the To Do list.
1.4.0 - Reminder system19 Dec 2019
- Add to-do items for an interest, with target follow-up date and details about the follow-up, and assign it to a user.
- Automatically add an interaction record when a to-do item is completed.
- View a complete list of to-do items across all interests.
- Simplified method for adding a follow-up to-do when an offer is marked as delivered.
- For security, only church admins may permanently delete interests.
- Adds a new sortable column to a list of interests, Last Interaction, which shows the date of the last recorded interaction.
1.3.0 - Focus on interactions07 Nov 2019
- This release launches a major shift in the focus of InterestTracker, from simply maintaining your interest list to helping drive interactions with interests.
- The Activity Log table on an interest page is now simply called Interactions.
- Activity Types are now called Interaction Types.
1.2.1 - Offer request integration with InterestGenerator™24 Oct 2019
- Requests from InterestGenerator and other SermonView lead generation campaigns automatically create an offer request when the interest is created.
- Age range and religious background are also imported from SermonView campaigns.
- Interest tags are now visible in the interest popup bubble in map view.
- This release also updates the software framework for security and performance improvements.
1.2.0 - Offer requests and delivery tracking3 Oct 2019
- User can create an offer, such as a book, DVD or magazine.
- User can add an offer request, when an interest requests a specific offer. This can be done in the Offer Request list or right on an Interest record.
- User can see offer requests and delivery status for each one.
- User can mark an offer request as delivered, which also adds a line to the activity history that the item was delivered.
1.1.0 - Interest list management and multi-church improvements24 Sep 2019
- Custom fields can now be mapped and imported using the Interest import system.
- User can now tag multiple interests at once.
- User can merge duplicate Interest records.
- User can merge duplicate Tags.
- User can now have different roles for different churches in their account.
- User can transfer an Interest between churches in their account.
1.0.2 - Friendlier error pages and page titles15 Aug 2019
- The page name and record name is now visible in the title bar of the web browser, which improves the browser history records.
- Errors now display a friendlier error page that allows the user to submit a bug report and navigate to a different part of the site.
- Bug fixes: Some users could not add or delete tags, decision types, and custom fields.
- User levels have been renamed to make it more clear what their capabilities are: Church Admin, Coordinator, and Basic User. View details about capabilities on the user create/edit pages.
1.0.1 - Friendlier birthday field24 July 2019
- Birthday field is a single line, and can be entered with or without the year.
- A calendar view no longer pops open to enter the birthday.
- System attempts to parse the birthday date info, even when not in m/d/y format.
- In lists and interest details page, birthday is presented in friendly format, e.g. January 26, 1934.
- Bug fix: When a birthday was shown on the interest details page, it broke the formatting of the rest of the page, making Notes and Activities unusable.
1.0.0 - Help system16 July 2019
- Adds a searchable help system to the sidebar navigation.
- Help system includes a getting started guide.
0.9.0 - Record decisions15 July 2019
- Adds ability to record decisions for an interest, with date and notes, in an interest record.
- Decision shortcodes can be made visible in interest list views.
- Church admin can create custom decision types.
0.8.3 - Age ranges19 June 2019
- Adds new age range field to interest record, with a dropdown menu to select.
- Adds Other Settings to Config menu, with an option to use alternate age ranges to populate the dropdown.
0.8.2 - One login for multiple churches14 June 2019
- One user account can now be connected to more than one church.
- Adds Google reCaptcha 2 to signup page to prevent spam signups.
- Church admin can resend welcome email to new user.
- Bug fix: church admins could not see each other’s interest assign-to.
0.8.1 - Import from DRP31 May 2019
- Interests are automatically imported from SermonView’s new Direct Response Platform, DRP 2.0.
- New Religious Affiliation field for interests.
0.8.0 - Assign interests to users13 May 2019
- Admin can assign an interest to another InterestTracker user, with assignment visible in lists and interest details page.
- New “Group Leader” user level restricts access to interests assigned to that user.
- More fields available in the list view.
- Improvements to AttendanceTracker for beta tests:
- View attendance history on interest details page.
- Keyboard shortcuts for attendance check-in.
- Bug fixes: tags can now be deleted, and removes error on login/logout when page sits for a long time.
0.7.0 - AttendanceTracker preparation8 Mar 2019
- Pre-release of AttendanceTracker for beta testers.
- Combines basic and advanced list views for more seamless experience.
- Bug fixes: errors when searching users, tags and activities.
0.6.2 - Improvements to CSV Import25 Jan 2019
- Bug fix: Import CSV choked when no tag applied.
- CSV import checks for existing record, and adds tag(s) to existing record instead of creating a new one.
0.6.1 - All interest view17 Jan 2019
- User can view all interests on one page without paging.
- Bug fix: SQL error using in-page search of interests.
0.6.0 - Custom Fields3 Jan 2019
- New custom fields. Church admin can create custom fields, and users can add and edit custom field data for each interest.
- Custom fields searchable. User can search for interests using custom fields.
- New version numbering system. Version number is visible in the footer.
0.5.0 - Map view27 Dec 2018
- New map view. See pins with the location of all your interests on a map.
- Filter map view by tags.
- Custom activity types. Add and edit activity types for logging interest contact.
0.4.0 - Initial public pre-release13 Sep 2018
- User can sign up for an account.
- User can add/edit/delete interests.
- User can bulk import interests from a CSV file.
- User can tag interests with custom tags.
- Bug report system for users to submit bugs, feature requests and kudos.